Financial Assistance Within Designated Natural Disaster Areas
Following an event like an earthquake, flood, or tornado, the president may declare an area a natural disaster and allow individual assistance for those affected. Learn how you can qualify for disaster help with food, bills, unemployment, tax relief, and more.
for your area, you may qualify for .
Learn About D-SNAP
The Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program is also known as food stamps for disaster situations. D-SNAP provides one month’s worth of benefits on a debit-type card that you can use at most grocery stores.
Once your state sets up a D-SNAP program, you’ll have about a week to apply.
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtIf you qualify, you’ll receive benefits within three days.
Find Out If You Qualify for D-Snap
You must live where:
- The president has for the disaster area
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Service (USDA FNS) has approved states to operate D-SNAP in a disaster area
- Your state has requested and received FNS approval to operate D-SNAP
You may qualify for D-SNAP even if you wouldn't normally qualify for regular SNAP (food stamps) because:
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtIf you already receive SNAP, you can apply for D-SNAP if the amount you’d receive is more than you get under SNAP.
As a separate benefit, you may be able to get for your children or your entire family. This is provided through the school meals programs.
Apply for D-SNAP
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtContact to apply for D-SNAP or to find the location of special application sites throughout the affected disaster area.
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtComplete the .
Visit FEMA's page.
Call FEMA at 1-800-621-3362 (TTY: 1-800-462-7585) for disaster assistance.
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtTo get help in person, find a Disaster Recovery Center near you with the .
Apply for a Disaster Recovery Loan
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtThe Small Business Administration provides low-interest loans. These loans can help homeowners and small businesses recover from declared disasters. .
Get Tax Relief After a Disaster
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtFind out if you qualify as an individual or as a business owner for .
Complain About Disaster Relief Assistance
Learn where to file a complaint about your disaster relief experience or report disaster relief fraud.
web page to:
The Department of Labor (DOL) provides . This includes:
For more information, call 1-866-4-USA-DOL (1-866-487-2365).
Get Emergency Help with Utility Bills
If you can’t afford to heat or cool your home after a disaster, you may qualify for emergency help with energy bills.
Where can I get help with my energy bills?
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốt may be able to provide so you can:
How can I apply for assistance with energy bills?
To get help:
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốt. But local social services agencies or charitable organizations may offer short-term help. Visit online or call 211 to find local agencies that may be able to help.
, you may be asked by the government to also . You don't have to be a small business owner to qualify. Completing the SBA loan application is an important step in finding out what aid may be available to you.
As a homeowner you may borrow up to $200,000 to repair or replace your primary residence and up to $40,000 to repair or replace personal property. You are not required to accept the loan to receive FEMA assistance, but it may enable you to be considered for different types of assistance.
After You Apply
An inspector will contact you to schedule a visit.
Be ready to:
- Keep your scheduled appointment. Appointments take 30-40 minutes, and you must be present.
- Contact your insurance agent if you have insurance
- Prove your identity
- Show these documents:
- Photo ID: driver's license or passport
- Proof of occupancy: lease or utility bill
- Proof of ownership: deed, title, mortgage payment book, or tax receipts
During the Inspector's Visit
- Wear official FEMA ID badges
- Confirm your disaster registration number
- Review structural and personal property damage
- Ask you to sign official documentation
- Verify ownership and occupancy
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtInspectors won't:
- Determine eligibility
- Charge any money
- Ask for credit card information
- Take the place of an insurance inspection
After the Inspector's Visit
You will be sent a decision letter.
If you are approved for aid:
- You'll receive a check or an electronic funds transfer.
- You'll get a follow-up letter explaining how the funds can be used.
If you have questions about the letter, you can visit a or call 800-621-3362 (711/Video Relay Service). For TTY, call 800-462-7585.